A Return...

on Monday, January 2, 2012

It's been a while since I blogged last so after some convicing I have decided to make a return to "Thoughts and Other Things." So to kick things off her are some random thoughts:


1. Our local Burger King has a sign outside that reads "Hiring new salaried manager." Followed by "Try our new frys." One can only wonder if "frys" has anything to do with the new opening?

2. Phil Mickelson, my golf man-crush, is now in his 40's. What other sport can a 40 year old compete competitively with others half their age?

3. A recent survey of incoming college freshman finds that 52 percent rate their mental stability as below normal. Nearly the same number rate their level of empathy as below normal as well. But don't worry nearly 72 percent rank themselves as in the top 10 percent of their class academically. This point is even funnier when you consider not even 72 percent of people graduate. So what we have is mentally unstable, non-empethatic, egotistical college freshman. No wonder things are going so great in the higher education world.

4. Mitt Romney had a great line last night in a speech in Iowa. Romney stated, "This president goes around apologizing for America. He should be apologizing TO America!"



1 comments:

Steve at Random said...

Jake, I finally got around to reading this blog, but I thought you told me you had another? I'm not finding it. However, I'm enjoying the Romney quote.

Post a Comment