Taming Tiger

on Thursday, December 3, 2009

*Well, well, well....it looks like the squeaky clean image of Tiger Woods has finally been tarnished. I was pretty surprised to see how quickly this whole issue has unraveled the last couple of days. Most of my golfing buddies know how I feel about Tiger. Let's just say I'm not a fan. I find him quite vain and a real jackass on the course. You don't have to be cold spirited on the course to be focused during a round. But that's exactly how Tiger is. He rarely appreciative of his fans and that's a shame. Don't get me wrong, Tiger is a fantastic player. He brought golf into a new era and that is a great thing. But it's exactly because of this point that Tiger should be more receptive to his fans and less of a grump on the course. And another thing---ever notice that Tiger is quite inconsistent on the course. In tournaments when it counts, Tiger either wins or never in contention. To me this is the ultimate weakness of Tiger's game. Great golfers that preceded him have a better record when it comes to this area and that's why I still don't consider Tiger the greatest golfer of all-time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment